Friday, January 9, 2009

Requiem for a modern knight

Exhale, and smile, for the way is illuminated for you.
The shadows no longer taunt and torment your soul.
Like music rising on an evening breeze, your voice echoes.
Yet the emptiness left behind remains hauntingly unfilled.
The setting sun sings of the warmth in your heart,
the evening wind brings the bite of reality that you're gone.
Your heart now has limitless expression of the love I felt within it,
May we be blessed by the gift of your spirit's light, until we meet again.

As we evolve spiritually, our connections to kindred spirits strike us deeper than we ever imagine they could. It's not hard for me to understand why magickal people tend to be forgiving of a polyamorous lifestyle, because spiritual connections tend to open us up to deeper emotional ones.

A few years ago I met someone that I would classify as a modern day knight. Trapped in a world that lacked the mystery and the mythology that fed his soul, he struggled to rebuild and recreate it for everyone he met. The similarities between his life and the life of Don Quixote are striking. While many may have felt he was battling windmills, his heart showed him a different world than most of us see. Unfortunately, he didn't stay with us long enough for me to learn how to travel to his world and return to mine.

I will miss him, his gentle heart spoke volumes in soundless energy.
I will miss him, his eyes wrapped me in a protective blanket of love when I felt small.
I will miss him, his honorable heart was stronger in spirit than it turned out to be in reality.
I will miss him.

May the Goddesses welcome him with endless love.