Monday, April 13, 2009

Don't be afraid of the endings...

Look to the sky, dear one, for it holds the secrets and dreams of all who have gone before you.
Look to the sea, dear one, for it holds the fears and the fame of all who have yet to come.
Look to the darkness, dear one, for it holds the mysteries of the ages wrapped in a cloak of love.
Look to the light, dear one, for it holds the endless joy that only your heart can know.

Walking the path of a priestess is never easy, but it is always good. When we measure the value of our work through the eyes of another, we will always fall short. But when we stop to remember that this is our choice and not anybody else's, then the ecstacy of being one with the stars is very clear.

Freedom is made of the warp of steps taken to find one's inner voice, and it is defended in the weft of steps taken from the cliffside that wraps the ocean in it's arms of stone.

So much of my work has been about finding those cliffs, about seeing the choices as defining moments for myself and nothing else. Now I sit in in the peace of knowing that I am not the gilded lady held fast by the stone wall of her fears in a lovely garden of lies. I sit naked, on the wet floor of a sea cave, shivering and happy that the spirits of my ancestors have blessed me with their wisdom and I've been chosen to be one of the voices of love that teaches hearts to look inward and take those steps off of those cliffsides.

An old friend of mine used to remind me "When you're falling, point your toes." It was her way to let me know that sometimes falling isn't what we expect it be: full of pain. Sometimes falling is the result of stepping off, and it's all part of the process of honoring endings.

My little moon in Gemini cuddled in it's 12th house finds solace in the voices of the dead rather than the living. For its tie to them was created before I was born. But that makes dealing with the living all the more difficult, because the living tend to be speaking from a fearful heart more often than not. The dead have little to fear for they have taken that final step off of the cliff and fallen into the final freedom from want, freedom from judgement, freedom from loss. They smile with me now, and remind me to be patient with the living for their hearts are still learning to fly.

Into the distance, a ribbon of black
Stretched to the point of no turning back
A flight of fancy on a windswept field
Standing alone my senses reeled

A fatal attraction is holding me fast, how
Can I escape this irresistible grasp?
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted Just an earth-bound misfit, I

Ice is forming on the tips of my wings
Unheeded warnings, I thought I thought of everything
No navigator to guide my way home
Unladened, empty and turned to stone

A soul in tension that's learning to fly
Condition grounded but determined to try
Can't keep my eyes from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I

Above the planet on a wing and a prayer,
My grubby halo, a vapour trail in the empty air,
Across the clouds I see my shadow fly
Out of the corner of my watering eye
A dream unthreatened by the morning light
Could blow this soul right through the roof of the night

There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, A state of bliss
Can't keep my mind from the circling skies
Tongue-tied and twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I